Second Element is a British company that specialises in providing a comprehensive strategy and remedial action for legionella control and Legionella Management services for Landlords. We help our clients to comply with the Legionella Control Guidance April 2014 Health and Safety Executive
HSG274, and help safeguard their tenants, employees, customers and businesses.
Landlords who provide residential accommodation now have a legal duty to ensure that the risk of exposure of tenants to legionella is properly assessed and controlled.
Legionella Management Services for Landlords:
Second Element have years of experience providing Legionella control. We work with landlords with single properties, multi-unit landlords and landlords who have part-occupied properties where stagnant water posses further risks.
If you are a managing agent, responsible for the water systems in your client’s premises we can help you to advise your clients on their legal duties and ensure that the risk of exposure of tenants to legionella is properly assessed and controlled.
Is this really something I need to do?
Quite simply: Yes. The law is clear, in order to comply with your legal duty you must:
- Identify and assess sources of risk ,or in other words, conduct a risk assessment.
- Prepare a plan for controlling the risk
- Implement and manage your plan for controlling the risk
- Keep records of the precautions
- Ensure a competent person takes the measures needed
Our Residential Services include:
- Legionella Risk Assessment
- Legionella Control Strategy
- Qualified Plumbing Services
- Portfolio Prioritisation
- Void Management
- Tenant Meetings
- Legionella Training